Monday, May 11, 2009

Jacob's Baptism and 8th Birthday

What an exciting weekend we were able to have! We had several family members and friends to help us celebrate this occasion. I get choked up thinking about how special Jacob is to me. Many of you remember his somewhat scary entrance into the world eight years ago. It was a rough start. After being in and out of the hospital several times, with a few extended stays, I remember telling Karl that it would be a great Mother's Day if I could just have the baby. I wasn't due until late June, so Karl and the doctor were trying to convince me that wouldn't be ideal. Well, I did end up having him on the Thursday before Mother's Day. To have him turn 8 and be baptized all on Mother's Day this year was extra special. We are so blessed to have him in our home. I can't imagine my life without him. He is so helpful and kind to everyone, especially his younger brothers. We are so proud of Jacob.

Blowing out the candles!
Jacob's cousin Amber turned 11 on May 9th. Amber's dad, Jeremy (Karl's 1st cousin), shares his birthday with Jacob. It was a fun birthday party! We celebrated at Xbos. They have a huge softplay area, arcade games and bowling.
Jacob, Trevor and even Karl loved playing around in the softplay area.

2 comments:

susan said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Jacob! What an amazing kid, of course, he comes from an amazing family, so we'd be a tad shocked if he were anything less than amazing!!!

Also, I love, love, LOVE the picture of Trevor... he's not supposed to be that big already!

Goeckers said...

It was a perfect weekend. Thanks so much for having us. We love you guys so much! What a blessing it is for us that you moved East.

The post is going to say that this message is from Jeremy, but we both know that he is not sentimental in least. He loves the new ladle. Hee hee!