

Amanda competed in the Maryland State Championship Meet on April 25th. Since we live on the DE/MD border, we are closer to a gym in MD. Therefore, she competes for the state of MD. She had a really good day. She got 3rd on Floor, 2nd on Uneven Bars and 1st on Beam. That's right- Amanda is the Maryland State Champion for Balance Beam! (I'm just a little proud of her :)). With her scores, she got 3rd all around for her age group. Really exciting for her. At a meeting with her coaches last week, I was told that she is moving up to level 6 where she will start backward skills on the beam, back and front tucks on floor and many other skills. I was also told how proud they are to have her as part of their team. She is a very hard worker and a pleasure to have in the gym. :)

One of the joys of Spring is the rapidly growing grass. Kurtis had a good time helping Dad.

1 comment:
Hooray, Amanda!!! She's come a long way from doing somersaults and "ballet" for our evening's entertainment! I have no doubt that someday we'll be able to brag "Yeah, we knew her way back when..."!
Kurtis looks to proud to be helping out... won't be long before you can hand him the keys and have him take care of the whole job all by himself! YIKES!!!
Post a Comment